Tanares is a World of magic and mystery, dominated by a politically savvy Emperor that forbids the creation of large armed groups besides its own army, called “Ironhand”. Avoiding Wars is the Empire’s main – disclosed – agenda, as it is believed that the Gods punish lands where blood is massively shed. To curb insurrections, the Empire created ARENA, a contained environment to solve people’s and Nations’ conflicts. Arenas quickly became the epicenter of culture, violence, entertainment and politics in Tanares.
Five Main Facts
- Most Tanarians believe in the MALROKIAN CURSE, through which Gods (Bauron and Tamera) will punish massive bloodshed (War) with natural catastrophes.
- The biggest war in history led to the creation of WASTELAND, an expanding territory saturated with toxic gas and dark energy, where vicious aberrations reside.
- ARENA is an institution created by the Empire to avoid the Malrokian Curse, as its combats solve major conflicts with minor bloodshed.
- The CHAMPION’S BOON is a wish granted to any fighter who survives 15 combats in the Arena of Fate, as stimulum for fighters to come forward and represent people’s and Nations’ interests.
- The Emperor commands the only Army in the world: IRONHAND, made of magically brainwashed men captured at random from places where offenses against the Empire are committed. It’s a crime to gather any other large armed group, as that could result in War.